Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Another Phase of Life

With each new phase of life I realize how little I actually know by experience. Over twenty years ago God gave me what would prove to be one of the greatest treasures in my life. He changed my life. And last week I had to wave good-bye to him. As I watched Ben's car disappear in the distance I cried my heart out, and for hours a scene kept looping through my mind of that happy little 4-year-old boy - shirtless, barefoot, with sun-bleached hair - calling out to me with glee in that sweet little kid voice. Where did the time go?

I know I always teach that we are raising them to leave us, but I don't think I ever really accepted that it would happen to me. He's only gone away to college. But he's a continent away. And he's starting his own life. Wow.

Thank you Lord for blessing me with Ben. Please take good care of him.